What is Hypnosis and how does it work?
Hypnotherapy is similar to Psychotherapy in that it can be used to effect positive change in the individual.
Hypnotherapy can be an extremely effective tool; it will change a person only to the degree that they are willing to change. It doesn’t control the mind, you can come out of “hypnotic trance” whenever you wish.
Hypnosis is a powerful tool enabling you to get in touch with the “inner self”, that can promote positive change of your currently held beliefs.
Qualified Hypnotherapist’s facilitate this by using positive imagery and suggestions, which encourage the person to consider and concentrate on alternative outcomes or emotions to any given events.
For instance: -
- What would happen if I didn’t smoke?
- How would I feel if I was a couple of sizes smaller?
- What would my life be like if I didn’t have this phobia?
Hypnotherapy can help with a wide range of issues: -
- Addictions (food, gambling, smoking)
- Anger management
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Exam stress
- Fears (flying, spiders, dogs, heights etc.)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management
- Panic attacks
- Public speaking
- Sleep disorder
- Sports performance
- Weight loss/gain
- Gastric band hypnotherapy